Shinobi Saga

The land of the ninja is a vast one, war scarring the lands at every turn. Where will your path lead you?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Current Manga Obsessions ~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saki

PostSubject: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Other than Naruto ( which we all know and love... other wise WHY would you be on this site.... ) Whats your Current Manga Obsession?

SHARE! :chimpo: We all need a good new series to read ~ ...or maybe that's just me

And If you don't read manga for some reason, try out one of the titles a fellow member listed, most manga tend to be better than the anime imo :bang:

My two Obessions manga-wise right now are Genshiken (DID NOT spell that right) and One Piece. Although my anime obsessions are a whole different thing... heh heh heh... :laa:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sachiko Uzumaki
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Oh, great idea. I can always expand my to-read list. :LOS:

Besides Naruto....

Reading:
Vampire Knight (shoujo, recommend for all Vampire lovers)
Black Bird (shoujo, recommend for bishie lovers)
Momoiro Heaven (shoujo, recommend for smut lovers xD)
Sasamekikoto (yuri, kinda boring and cliche imo but not bad)
Mixed Vegetables (shoujo, good from what two volumes I read)
Bride of The Water God (manhwa, absolutely lovely art style)
Inu Baka (Must read for all dog lovers xD)
Rolan The Forgotten King (Created [but not drawn by] the creator of Pandora Hearts, so far so good)
Wolf Guy (Shonen, yanki theme, pretty meh)
Nana

Finished:
Girl Friends (Very good shoujo yuri)
Princess Ai (A must read for lolita lovers)
Confidential Confessions (great, depressing. xD)
Life (From the Confidential Confessions people, also very depressing xD)
Shuugo Chara
Pixie Pop
Tokyo Mew Mew
Model
and several others I can't even recall. xD

Thinking of reading:
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
fairy tale
One Piece
Bleach (probably not, heard it's more troll than Naruto)
Pandora Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saki

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 pm

I am in love with the manga Nana. xD It is AMAZING! I've also heard good things about Princess Ai and Mixed vegetables.

Here is a list of the ones I've read that I remember being really good

NANA <3 <3
Genshiken
Kiss (It's like impossible to find. >.< ... and the art work is so-so. But the characters are amazing!)
Fruits Basket (Heh, It's like a classic)
Black Butler
Imadoki
Yotsuba! (Sooooo Cuuuttee)
Naruto
Soul eater (<3)
Ouran HighSchool host club
School Rumble <3<3
Peach Girl <3

I've also been thinking of reading Fairy Tale. Everyone says it's really good. But I already have my work cut out for me because I'm rereading Naruto (O.O") and working on HanaKimi and FMA.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kichirou

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Currently checking out Claymore. Surprisingly good for a non-comedy, and I typically hate straight up dramas...

I've read so many manga it hurts. Easily a hundred titles, possibly closer to two hundred.

Fairy Tale's pretty good even if it is a little... Off. It's hard to explain, but you would probably figure out if you read it. I recommend the series to anyone that likes comedy. Pity all the womens are busty as hell. ._.

History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi is actually very well done. It can be a little odd and anime-ish at times, but it's actually very realistic in a somewhat stretched sense. Only until the most recent arcs has it gotten to be of the Naruto/Bleach level in terms of anime actionness.

Bleach is pretty good as well if you stay away from the freakin' anime. There's so much filler it hurts. The manga is very well done albeit very very very LONG. There's far too many arcs, but each one does serve a purpose in the storyline, which is a feat in and of itself. Now, if the artist would just focus on finishing the series, we'd be set...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sachiko Uzumaki
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh I forgot about Fruuba and Ouran, I also read those. xD

Yeah, I read the first volume to Fairty Tale a few years ago and I liked it but got so caught up in my Naruto obsession that I never bothered to keep reading. xD I hear it's really good though. I wonder how it compares to One Piece since they're both similar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kichirou

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Ouran is absolutely amazing. Coming from a guy that normally hates Shoujo, I actually recommend it highly. I have never laughed so hard, especially when reading a freakin' chick series!

>.> Ending was really cute, too....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saki

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:04 am

The Ouran ending was awesome.

In the anime for Ouran, I LOVE the art work in the opening song. It's so.... Spunky, Cool, I can't think of the word to describe it but its just pretty epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sachiko Uzumaki
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:20 am

Didn't watch the Ouran anime. I'm really weird about watching anime, I couldn't get into the Japanese or English version. xD But I agree, it made me laugh sooooooooooooo much. Really one of the funniest series ever. And I was happy my OTP came through. :reallyyy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kichirou

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:25 am

Best manga series I've read...

Mx0 (action, comedy) - One of very view series I've read multiple times
Inu Neko Jump (cute as hell despite its crappy art) - My absolute favourite manga of all time. Period. <--(period)
Flames of Recca (action, comedy)
Tokyo Crazy Paradise (action comedy shoujo that runs like a shounen, but art of a shoujo O-o)
MAR: Marchen Awakens Romance
Violinist of Hameln (awesome if a little cliche)
Beelzebub
FMA is pure awesome (finally read the ending <3)
Ludwig Kakumei (manga rewrite of the Grimm stories from a third party character view, shoujo...)
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka (a tad sexist, but hilarious)
Trigun: MAXIMUM ('nuff said)

Currently reading Koi Neko which is pretty cute. No action or anything, but it's a really nice romantic comedy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saki

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:26 am

Personally I thought the Ouran anime was easy to get into, but that's just me. D grey man , for example, Is a hard anime for me to get into. Although the manga is way easier for some reason xD

The only thing I read from that list is FMA and I've been thinking about reading Mar and Trigun. Trigun looks really good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kichirou

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 am

Trigun: MAXIMUM is absolutely amazing. If you've seen the anime, MAXIMUM is pretty much where the time-skip picks up. It's a hell of a lot longer than the anime and you get to see a lot of new characters, new developments, and Wolfwood sticks around even longer to show off his badassery. I very much suggest the series to anyone that likes action comedies. It gets a little... Weird and cliche toward the end, but it's still a great read.

Most of the rest of that list you probably won't find in America, sadly. Few of them were translated and shipped over, but if you can find online scans, I suggest them all. They vary in terms of length and style, but I honestly feel anyone that enjoys Naruto could enjoy any of those series. GTO especially. <3 GTO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saki

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 am

I've never seen the original Trigun, but it sounds good, especially with the action comedy part. And, heh, weird endings are pretty good too. But what really made me think it was cool was that the artwork was just so wicked, but then again I've only ever looked at the cover art for it.

And that always sucks when a manga never gets to America or only half of it does, although when only half of it does you just want to rip your hair out. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sachiko Uzumaki
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 am

I loved Trigun, the anime. I was really into that as a kid. I've watched FMA anime as well but never read the manga or watched the new series that actually follows the manga. Probably won't either. xD I read a lot of D. Gray Man but just randomly stopped for some reason. I do that with sooooo many shonen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kichirou

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:31 am

I got into D-Grayman for a while, but I lost interest after a while. It was fun and actiony for quite a while and then all of a sudden there was like 50 chapters of crying and blood and emo that just put me off.

FMA: Brotherhood is... Ehh... Hard to describe. I've seen most of it and can honestly say that, aside from the first episode, the first half season or so is pretty much garbage. All of what the original anime covered that followed the manga was basically put on fast-forward mach speed 2. Once it got past that, though, it was tasty. ^^

One of these days I'ma have to make a full list of all the crap I've read over the years. xD So many titles I've forgotten, willingly or not. So many pages, so many series, so much time wasted that could've been used for something far more productive like getting a F'ing job! ^_^ Aren't obsessions great?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Manga Obsessions ~   

Back to top Go down

Current Manga Obsessions ~
Page 1 of 1